Art Students League Certificate Program
Eligibility & Requirements
Statement of Intent and C.V.
A Statement of Intent describes your reason for pursuing a Certificate of Completion with the Art Students League. You are encouraged to include information about yourself, your objectives, and your interests that may not be immediately apparent from a review of your portfolio and application. A Curriculum Vitae or résumé details your art-related activities and accomplishments.
Online artwork submission of 10 jpeg images is required. It is advised that applicants select work relevant to their chosen area of concentration.
- An official transcript is required to show your previous studies in the fine arts.
- A degree or diploma is not necessary. Official Transcripts from the Art Students League are accepted.
- Applicants to the two-year Certificate Program must demonstrate a minimum of 2 academic school year’s study from a post-secondary Fine Arts Program.
- Applicants to the four-year Certificate Program must demonstrate previous fine arts study from studio classes in drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking or mixed media.
Provide three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with your development as an artist.
A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required.
International Student Language Proficiency
If you are an international student, a good working knowledge of English is required.
- $300 Certificate Student per Semester (all certificate students)
- $300 International Student per Semester (F-1 students only)
(Note: Fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Applying to the Certificate Program
Fall 2023 Application Deadlines:
- International students who need to obtain the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility are advised to submit this application by June 30, 2023.
- International students who will be transferring to the Art Students League or who will be applying for the F-1 visa should contact the International & Certificate Student Services office as soon as possible by email: email@example.com
- Domestic 2-Year and 4-Year (non-F-1) Certificate Program candidates may submit the application through July 31, 2023.
The Fall 2023 Semester begins September 5, 2023.