Eligibility & Requirements
Statement of Intent and C.V.
A Statement of Intent describes your reason for pursuing a Certificate of Completion with the Art Students League. You are encouraged to include information about yourself, your objectives, and your interests that may not be immediately apparent from a review of your portfolio and application.
Online artwork submission of 10 jpeg images is required. It is advised that applicants select work relevant to their chosen area of concentration.
- An official transcript is required to show your previous studies in the fine arts.
- A degree or diploma is not necessary. Official Transcripts from the Art Students League are accepted.
- Applicants to the two-year Certificate Program must demonstrate a minimum of 2 academic school year’s study from a post-secondary Fine Arts Program.
- Applicants to the four-year Certificate Program must demonstrate previous fine arts study from studio classes in drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking or mixed media.
A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required.
International Student Language Proficiency
If you are an international student, a good working knowledge of English is required.
- $300 Certificate Student per Semester (all certificate students)
- $300 International Student per Semester (F-1 students only)
(Note: Fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Applying to the Certificate Program
Fall 2023 Application Deadlines:
- International students who need to obtain the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility are advised to submit this application by June 30, 2023.
- International students who will be transferring to the Art Students League or who will be applying for the F-1 visa should contact the International & Certificate Student Services office as soon as possible by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domestic 2-Year and 4-Year (non-F-1) Certificate Program candidates may submit the application through July 31, 2023.
The Fall 2023 Semester begins September 5, 2023.