Eligibility & Requirements
Statement of Intent and C.V.
A Statement of Intent describes your reason for pursuing a Certificate of Completion with the Art Students League. You are encouraged to include information about yourself, your objectives, and your interests that may not be immediately apparent from a review of your portfolio and application.
Online artwork submission of 10 jpeg images is required. It is advised that applicants select work relevant to their chosen area of concentration.
- An official transcript is required to show your previous studies in the fine arts.
- A degree or diploma is not necessary. Official Transcripts from the Art Students League are accepted.
- Applicants to the two-year Certificate Program must demonstrate a minimum of 2 academic school year’s study from a post-secondary Fine Arts Program.
- Applicants to the four-year Certificate Program must demonstrate previous fine arts study from studio classes in drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking or mixed media.
A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required.
International Student Language Proficiency
If you are an international student, a good working knowledge of English is required.
- $275 Certificate Student fee every Semester
- $275 International Student fee every Semester
(Note: Fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Applying to the Certificate Program
Fall 2022 Online Application Deadlines:
- International students seeking I-20 application are advised to submit application by July 10, 2022
- 2-Year and 4-Year Domestic (non-F-1) Certificate candidates may submit application through August 14, 2022
Fall 2022 Semester Begins September 6, 2022